Friday, April 11, 2014

On Captain America

I'm not going to devote much space to writing about CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER because I'm busy with other things. I did love this movie, though. For my money, it's a great popcorn flick--a big, ridiculous, consistently entertaining blockbuster. I wish the modern Hollywood had space for more kinds of films (smaller, smarter, deeper), but if we're going to be saddled with flashy superhero movies for the foreseeable future, then this is the way to do it.

I wrote about Captain America: The First Avenger back in 2011.

I also did a piece at Tor about the Ed Brubaker's original Winter Soldier story line in the Captain America comic book series.

Lastly, I want to link to this excellent review of the new film from Michael Burgin at Paste. He pretty much nails it on the head. 

No comments: